How to calculate Surveillance Audit Days in Corporate Audit Scheme

jelly1921

Quite Involved in Discussions
If a company had three sites with 100, 250 and 500 staffs respectively, and 25 staffs in support location, then audit days of initial stage 2 audit can be calculated like this:
Site 1: 100 staffs + 3 (# of employees apportioned form support location 3 = 25*(100/875=12%))= 103 --> 6.0 (from Table 5.2 of the RULES)
6.0*80%(1-20%) [% reduction --- corporate scheme ] --> 4.8
Site 2: 6.4
Site 3: 8.4
------------
Total 19.6

According to 5.2 of the Rules: The percent reduction shall only be applied to the initial and recertification audits day calculation. Subsequent audit days are based on this reduced initial day calculation.

I got confuse about the word "reduced", so please help me to calculate surveiliance audit day?

Thanks! [ 3kq --- chinese way to speak thank you on the net :lol: ]

Jelly

Greg19

Starting to get Involved
Hi,

When using a Corporate scheme you get a reduction ( as seen in your example).
Surveillance days are based on registration audit Days. So when you calculate audit Days for your surveillance audit the reduction is already made.

What you do is that you divide audit Days from stage 2 with number of surveillance audits in your audit cycle:

Example.
For one site site you have calculated 4,8 Days. This will give you 5 Days for stage 2. (Always rounded up to the nearest 0.5).

If you are on a yearly scheme ( 1 audit per year) you will have 2 surveillance audits each certification cycle- To get the audit Days for each surveillance you divide 5 Days/ 2 = each surveillance will be 2,5 Days.

If your on 6 month scheme you will have four surveillance audits. 5/4 = 1.25 . Rounded up to nearest 0.5 this will give you 1.5 Days for each surveillance.

Hope this was reply to your question.

Please note that audit Days stated in rules are minimum required Days. Each CB are required to make their own calculation based on eg history, complexity.

jelly1921

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thank you for your answer.
It seems the reduction is also applicable to the calculation of surveilance audit days, but the Table 5.3 Audit days Reduction for "Corporate" Audit scheme" defined Percent reduction for initial and recertification audits only"

One more question about r) when calculating audit days, the result shall be rounded up to the earest half day in 5.2 Audit days determination of the Rules :
One way to round up is just like you did in your answer, i.e. to round up for each site separately:
Site 1 : 4.8 --> 5
Site 2: 6.4 --> 6.5
Site 3: 8.4 --> 8.5
-------------------
Total: 20

Another way to round up the final results (19.6) to nearest half day.
In my example, the result is the same. But in some circumstance, it will be 0.5 day more or less. For example:
Site 1: 4.6 --> 5
Site 2: 6.3 -->6.5
Site 3: 8.2 -->8.5
---------------------
Total: 19.1 --> 19.5 But 20 = 5+6.5+8.5

I am not sure which calculation is correct.

Thanks!

Jelly

Greg19

Starting to get Involved
Hi again,

No worries, we are here to help each other.

If you see the scentence Below in 5.3 you can also see that it states that surv. Audit days are based on the reduced initial audit day calculation. If we should add reduction on the surv. Days as well the reduction would be doubled.

Corporate schemes are a synergy effects. Each site Will still get Their own certificate. But we skall have in mind that problems in one site can affect the certificate of the other site (s). Corporate scheme is not a multisite certificate.

Each site is treated on Their own in the calculation ( see My first reply).

Hope this was reply to your questions.

//Greg

Top Bottom