I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG

Slim Pickins

Starting to get Involved
I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG. I want to use it to correlate all of the data in my current core tools documents. This product is not intuitive at all and I can't figure out how to get it to "work". :blowup: Has anyone else tried to use it that can help get me started? (AIAG has no instructions or training available, I asked)

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
There was a AIAG webinar last week about the software. Perhaps they have posted it on their website.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG. I want to use it to correlate all of the data in my current core tools documents. This product is not intuitive at all and I can't figure out how to get it to "work". :blowup: Has anyone else tried to use it that can help get me started? (AIAG has no instructions or training available, I asked)

Welcome to automotive. :)

Sorry I can't help.

N

ncwalker

For being the "keepers in quality" for the automotive industry, they certainly don't practice what they preach in their products. Mine's a love/hate relationship with them, for sure. I can't help you either.

try2makeit

In the webinar last week, it was mentioned that this was something that quality professionals have been collaborating on and with feed back from them it has been made easy peasy...this was mentioned several times....:sarcasm:

Slim Pickins

Starting to get Involved
I did the webinars and have copies of the presentations, but it is all "high level". The software is an amalgam of a database and spreadsheet and I understand those but cant grasp this. It all sounded good which is why I jumped right in.

My "problem" is that I don't know where to go after setting up a part number. It allows you to enter or upload data into only three categories with fixed column headers. They are:

“Product Characteristic” with the headings “Number/ID, Characteristic, Specification / Tolerance, Class”
“Process Characteristic” with the headings “Number/ID, Characteristic, Specification / Tolerance, Class”
“Operations” with headers “Operation Number, Description, Operation Type”.

That’s it! It does allow you to upload the data, but only in those categories and headings.

I also don’t see any way to print out any documentation other than a Part, Project, and Gauge Study Summary Reports.

I just can’t figure out where to go from here. It would be nice to have some type of road map.

try2makeit

I checked AIAG's website and didn't see anything that said support. And there is no additional help section within the software?

I would make up a test part (phantom part) first to figure out what steps are needed to set this up, before I'd try a actual part.

I'm sorry you are stuck. If I where you, I'd leave some feedback and let them know about the lack of support. Good luck!

Top Bottom