IA Construction Procurement Process

Zaheni

Registered
Good day! I'm new to ISO and I am currently a trainee in Internal Auditing of our company. Our company is still not certified but we're already using IMS and they requires me to do an Internal audit as part of my training, I will be auditing the Procurement Process and its functions. Can I ask for just a little guide to start of? I am having trouble coming up with IA questions for ISO 9001 in regards to the purchasing process. Can anyone please help me or provide me some questions in regards with procurement process? A Procurement Audit Checklist would be a great help :) I'm currently studying the updated process of procurement department. I hope someone can give me a little guide regarding this matter. I would be very glad to read some insights about the topic and I know I still need a lot of things to learn in this field.

Company Background:
Construction Company with expertise in MEPF, FDAS and Infrastucture and Railway system.

Procurement Background:
Purchased equipment and construction supplies like pipes, fittings, wires, cable wireways and other materials related to construction.
Imports uequipment like generators and pumps.

Looking forward to your answers and insights! Have a great day :)

Regards,

Zah

Last edited:

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
Zah,

Welcome.

What documentation does your organization have that describes the Procurement Department. However, it's best to audit business processes rather than departments. Your organization may have a process flow, turtle diagram or a list of the processes and how it functions in the business. It is best to base your questions on that.

Without looking at your processes I would ask...

• How are suppliers assessed for competence/conformance to requirements?
  • How are suppliers chosen? What methods? Who?
  • How are orders given to suppliers?
  • Are suppliers categorised on risk? If so, how are they determined? If they are not, is that appropriate?
  • Are some suppliers supplying the same equipment/service? If so, why?
  • Are any suppliers providing poor quality equipment/service? If so, why? What is being done to improve the situation? How is the information being used to improve supplier selection, monitoring, design of equipment/service?

I hope this helps.

Zaheni

Registered
Hi Johnny!

Thank you so much for your quick reply. This was indeed a great help! It's really hard to a newbie like me to do auditing but I'm very challenge with this new task :)

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
You're in the right place to ask for help. Auditing is not easy, it isn't for everyone and it can be quite thankless at times.

Getting the right outputs from internal auditing I find very difficult so I wish you the very best.

Top Bottom