Incoming Material Quality Assurance Cell

A

anonymous

Dear Sir,
In the process of developing Road map for Quality Assurance Cell in my industries : Mining/Metal industries .Can someone elaborate /explain /provide suitable reference document for helping us to freeze deliverable and KPI .

In Phase I we are only focusing on Incoming Material

A

anonymous

The Commodietes spend base is around 200 million Dollar and additionally relevant Engineering supply and Supplies in project from EPC vendor which is around 400 Million Dollar.

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
I am trying to respond from QA principles stand point, i am no expert in the industry you mentioned....
as i understand your query....you are looking for deliverables & KPI for establishing QA for Incoming materials.
First Deliverables...(implementation & execution front)
* ought to establish an in-house quality attributes (QC) for each of materials. (may be you can prioritize with category of materials)
* convey QC requirements to respective vendors, and receive a certificate of analysis for each batch/lot
* device a sampling plan & release of material for operations

as per KPIs...
operationally...(Implementation & Execution front)
* Lead time for clearing a material.
* Rejection %
Strategically...(planning)
* reduction in no. of rejections ( vendor development)
* alternate vendor

hope this helps...

somashekar

Leader
Admin
<snip> In the process of developing Road map for Quality Assurance Cell in my industries : Mining/Metal industries .Can someone elaborate /explain /provide suitable reference document for helping us to freeze deliverable and KPI .

In Phase I we are only focusing on Incoming Material. <snip>
Deliverable:
IQA cell shall ensure that the incoming materials meet the stated specification and to its current revision, and are fit to be used for the intended purpose.
KPI:
Process rejections due to Incoming material quality issue.
Time taken to approve incoming materials for issue to use.
Extent of incoming materials being moved to storage directly based on supplier quality assurance and certification activities.

Top Bottom