ISO 9000 section 7.2.1(c) Compliance help needed

O

oldmanian

Good morning from Melbourne,
We were audited in November and one of the items the auditor has as an area of concern is " As per the requirements of clause 7.2.1(C) of AS 9001:2008, the organisation needs to identify all applicable legal and statutory requirements. The organisation also needs to identify the process of maintaining currency and the evidence of compliance when changes are made to existing legal and statutory requirements."

I have been searching since then and can find very little on this subject in the cove. Can anyone assist in giving me an example of how we are supposed to have "evidence of compliance".

I am really stuck on this and want to get it off my to do list.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: ISO 9000 section 7.2.1(c) help needed

ISO 9001 or AS9100?

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am a little confused as to which standard you are referring, is it ISO 9001 or AS 9100?

Anyway, I don't have AS 9100 with me but in 9001, clause 7.2.1 c does mention statutory and regulatory requirements but only those related to the product. e.g. there is a requirement in the UK for the foam and coverings of seats to be flame retardant. You will need to establish if there are any requirements related to your products.

Colin is correct except for this small thing...Nowhere are you required to identify "all" requirements. The expectation is that you do the best you can within reason.

I just audited this requirement today in fact

Last edited by a moderator:
O

oldmanian

AS 9000 is Australian standard ISO 9000. The Auditor and I should have added its full name AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Sorry for the confusion.

O

oldmanian

I am a little confused as to which standard you are referring, is it ISO 9001 or AS 9100?

Anyway, I don't have AS 9100 with me but in 9001, clause 7.2.1 c does mention statutory and regulatory requirements but only those related to the product. e.g. there is a requirement in the UK for the foam and coverings of seats to be flame retardant. You will need to establish if there are any requirements related to your products.
We are a contract engineering shop machining parts for our customers. We follow their drawings and specifications and do not always know what the parts are for. Does this mean we need to discuss with our customers what their requirements are?

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
We are a contract engineering shop machining parts for our customers. We follow their drawings and specifications and do not always know what the parts are for. Does this mean we need to discuss with our customers what their requirements are?

Looks like the auditor is fishing. In this case the customer is responsible for defining requirements including statutory and regulatory. Now if you know where the parts are to be used then you should ask questions:
  • If the parts are going to come into contact with food then you need to ask about use of food grade lubricants
  • If you know the parts are going to be used in aircraft then you should ask about traceability requirements
  • ... And so on

Good luck! :)

Top Bottom