ISO 9001:2008 / ISO TS16949:2009 Comparison

S

stlwtrs

Does anyone have a comparison demonstrating the similiarities and differences between ISO 9001:2008 and ISO TS16949 standards? I have a ISO 9001 certified site that needs to audited for TS16949 compliance. This is a support site, therefore it will not be certified to TS.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Check the Post File Attachments List.

Also the differences are highlighted in TS 16949 if I remember correctly.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Does anyone have a comparison demonstrating the similiarities and differences between ISO 9001:2008 and ISO TS16949 standards? I have a ISO 9001 certified site that needs to audited for TS16949 compliance. This is a support site, therefore it will not be certified to TS.

Do you have the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Standard handy?
Look at the requirements section. ISO 9001:2008 requirements are in boxed text. Everything outside the boxed text are automotive additions.

AndyN

Moved On

If it's a "support site" why is it being audited to TS, since it's ISO 9001 certified? Is this a CB audit? Customer audit? What do they do there? Product design, for example?

S

stlwtrs

Thank you for the info. I reviewed the standard and the different sections. I do not see a whole lot of difference between the two areas, TS appears to be a bit more precise, but other than that not much. I guess that is why I asked the question. It seems as if there should be more of a difference.

AndyN

Moved On
Well, if by "more precise" you mean adding whole new requirement of "Process Design" which has to go through the same requirements as Product Design, or two other types of audit being added to the internal audit requirements and so on, then I guess so...

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Thank you for the info. I reviewed the standard and the different sections. I do not see a whole lot of difference between the two areas, TS appears to be a bit more precise, but other than that not much. I guess that is why I asked the question. It seems as if there should be more of a difference.

Well..... ISO/TS has almost double the "shall" statements and ALL your Customer Specific Requirements (CSR's) must be included as well. Now, can you tell us a little bit more what that "Support Site" does?? Then, we can be a little more specific.

Top Bottom