ISO/TS 16949:2002, clause 1.2:Application

Hom much is the reading of Rules important for intenal auditors?

• not important

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • a little

• some

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • important

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • very important

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hello all,
I have never seen "Rules for ISO/TS 16949:2002, first edition" yet. According to IATF guidance for ISO/TS 16949:2002 clause 1.2 vehicle assembly organizations can exclude some clauses except clause 7.3 "product design"according to "Rules for ISO/TS 16949:2002, first edition".May some one tell me what are they?
THANKS

T

The Moose

Hello all,
I have never seen "Rules for ISO/TS 16949:2002, first edition" yet. According to IATF guidance for ISO/TS 16949:2002 clause 1.2 vehicle assembly organizations can exclude some clauses except clause 7.3 "product design"according to "Rules for ISO/TS 16949:2002, first edition".May some one tell me what are they?
THANKS

The scheme rules for TS 16949 is a seperate document, which you can purchase from the same place as your copy of the TS 16949 standard. They are a guide for Certification bodies and their auditors in the application of the TS standard (calculating audit days for a company etc) and the requirements which must be met for a company to acheive certification.

They are also useful for companies implementing TS 16949, and for the person facillitating certification audits (to ensure the certification body is following procedure) however for a company with an established system carrying out internal audits they are not essential.

The exclusions referenced refer purely to aspects of "product" design inputs and outputs (process design cannot be excluded)

T

tyker

Note that the rules are currently at edition 2.

The exclusions are limited to clause 7.3 Product design.

For OEM vehicle assembly, the 1st edition rules allow "contract review" and the "contract" to be represented by internally documented marketing requirements for vehicle brand, mix and volumes.

I'm sure there must be a Cover who has invested in edition 2 of the rules and can let you know if the relevant bit has changed.

T

The Moose

Note that the rules are currently at edition 2.

The exclusions are limited to clause 7.3 Product design.

For OEM vehicle assembly, the 1st edition rules allow "contract review" and the "contract" to be represented by internally documented marketing requirements for vehicle brand, mix and volumes.

I'm sure there must be a Cover who has invested in edition 2 of the rules and can let you know if the relevant bit has changed.

This is still a note under section 2.1 of the second edition rules

Top Bottom