Major nonformance finding was given during a closing meeting of a ISO9001 certification audit

R

rayknox2808

Hi all,

New to the forum.

Looking for people's comments what immediate actions you would perform if a major conformance was given during a closing meeting of a ISO9001 certification audit?

Thanks
Raymond

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
It would depend on the nature of the major nonconformance and the circumstances. What was the nonconformance? Was there any communication about it before the closing meeting or was it a surprise that was unveiled in the closing meeting?

R

rayknox2808

It was around management review and not all the requirements of clause 9.3 were covered and yes these was communication.

R

rayknox2808

Full NC statement:
Not all requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard were covered as part of the management review in October 2018 (i.e. effectiveness of actions to address risks and opportunities). No evidence could be provided to show what was discussed at the meeting and how the actions recorded were verified.

Thanks
Raymond

qualprod

Was it really major?
Major , could be if completely 9.3 was absent, if only a part of 9.3 was not in compliance, it could be minor, please share what the auditor reported.

R

rayknox2808

The above is what the auditor reported and I agree it's not a major rather a minor but it's been issued as major.

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
I would not stress about the label on this nonconformance. It looks like one of those majors that you can close remotely. Look into the format that you are using to capture your Management Review Records and make sure that as input requirements are called out. If you you don't have one, certainly I recommend that you create a template for it.

qualprod

I would not stress about the label on this nonconformance. It looks like one of those majors that you can close remotely. Look into the format that you are using to capture your Management Review Records and make sure that as input requirements are called out. If you you don't have one, certainly I recommend that you create a template for it.
To start off, what impact is having this NC, is delaying certificate, will this affect your organization? Time to solve it?; the standard is clear about, what is a major.
If major, does not affect you in some way, solve it right away, if it does, you can talk with your CB, and convince him about the NC category, could be minor, additionally it can be solved quickly, while major, for sure, requires a full deep analysis and time.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
The standard itself has no "major" and "minor" designations for NCs. A NC is a NC.

Further, as Pjservan points out, perhaps the cause of the NC is that there is no template for the MR. The Corrective Action is a simple modification to the Management Review process: create the template. Make sure you use the template in your next meeting by calling for it in your MR procedure. Then review the missing items following the new template and submit evidence of your correction and corrective action. Poof the NC is lifted and you get your cert.

Top Bottom