PPAP Review Updated yearly but not send to Customer - Is it Right?

M

Mandy0814

Hi, i am here to seek some help/advice from u all...

as per APQP manual, Cls 3.2
" The organization shall review and update, as necessary, all applicable items in ther PPAP file to reflect the production process, regardless of whether or not the customer requests a formal submission. The PPAP file shall contain the name of the authorised ...."

My company is now defined the rules to review all the PPAP files and update the doc (Control Plan, Fmea and etc) in yearly basis; the problem is we DID NOT send the updated copy to customer. Is this right?

Can anyone else share the way of them handling PPAP review?
Thanks in advanced.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: PPAP Review

My company is now defined the rules to review all the PPAP files and update the doc (Control Plan, Fmea and etc) in yearly basis; the problem is we DID NOT send the updated copy to customer. Is this right?

You only send the updated (most current) PPAP files upon submittal. So, when the Customer wants you to submit, you send them the updated PPAP files.

When the Customer comes to visit you for whatever reason ;), make sure that all PPAP files are up to date. In fact, they should always kept up to date when changes occur.....

Stijloor.

M

Mandy0814

Hi,
We are always submit the updated PPAP file to customer. For our practice, we will have 2 copies of PPAP file, one for customer and one is retained by our Doc Center. Every year, Doc Center will update the PPAP file, but we did not send the updated one to customer.
We have been told that this would be the NC if detected during audit. That's why i am worried about... =(

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I am a little confused....

You say:

We are always submit the updated PPAP file to customer.

Then you say:

Every year, Doc Center will update the PPAP file, but we did not send the updated one to customer.

Here is where I am lost...:confused:

We have been told that this would be the NC if detected during audit.

By whom?

Can you clarify?

Stijloor.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

IMO
If there is no customer specific to submit updates then there is no need to do it.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

Hi,
We are always submit the updated PPAP file to customer. For our practice, we will have 2 copies of PPAP file, one for customer and one is retained by our Doc Center. Every year, Doc Center will update the PPAP file, but we did not send the updated one to customer.
We have been told that this would be the NC if detected during audit. That's why i am worried about... =(
Do not be worried.

1) Keep your PPAP documents up to date as you are doing.
2) Submit PPAP to your customer when your customer requests it at the PPAP level they request.

Some of your customers might have an annual PPAP requirement. In general they will notify you when they expect, if they do not, ask them.

M

Mandy0814

Hi, Stijloor
i mean, we will always submit updated PPAP files (latest control plan, fmea...) to customer, when they are any request. Then, we will keep on update all the PPAP files in yearly basis, but did not send the latest one to customer. this means, customer will only have the first copy PPAP.
regarding the NC, it is told by out consultant, whom also the TS auditor.

M

Mandy0814

IMO
If there is no customer specific to submit updates then there is no need to do it.

Hi,
No customer specific to submit updates. But, TS requirement did stated ".. all applicable items in ther PPAP file to reflect the production process, regardless of whether or not the customer requests a formal submission..." Is this means we still need to inform customer?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Hi,
No customer specific to submit updates. But, TS requirement did stated ".. all applicable items in ther PPAP file to reflect the production process, regardless of whether or not the customer requests a formal submission..." Is this means we still need to inform customer?

No. It doesn't say or suggest anything about informing the customer. Unless there is an explicit requirement to submit, you don't have to.

M

Mandy0814

ohh... ic ic

means we misundertsood the requirement... we keep thinking MUST inform customer whenever any changes...

Thanks!

Top Bottom