Informational Problem Solving for Effective Corrective Actions

B

Barahir

It's always nice when an old post, especially one of your own, becomes helpful again. I had been gone from the company where I created the file I uploaded as a part of this thread for several years, and the document popped into my head recently as I've started a new position with a new company. I recalled this morning that I uploaded that file back in 2008, and here 11 years in the future I was able to grab those files again! Elsmar remains as always an invaluable resource!

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
This is a very useful thread. We were issued a NC in our IATF audit for corrective action. I am working on gathering various root cause methodology forms and really appreciate your help, Barahir.

Tagin

Trusted Information Resource
This got me thinking: does anyone use an Ishikawa organized by clause, instead of by concrete categories? See attached.

This would be far less intuitive for typical employees, but could be very useful for quality people.

Attachments

• IshikawaByClause.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 171

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Tagin - if you look at some of my resources on problem solving you will see that I use a “Y-X” tree diagram that uses causes to iteratively converge on teh causal mechanism. It starts with grouped causes, splits off the categories that are not involved and ends with specific features, dimensions, properties and actions that create the problem.

Last edited:

Richard Regalado

Trusted Information Resource
Gavin - if you look at some of my resources on problem solving you will see that I use a “Y-X” tree diagram that uses causes to iteratively converge on teh causal mechanism. It starts with grouped causes, splits off the categories that are not involved and ends with specific features, dimensions, properties and actions that create the problem.

Can you share the Y-X diagram Bev? Would be interested in its application to information security breaches. Thanks!

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
I
This got me thinking: does anyone use an Ishikawa organized by clause, instead of by concrete categories? See attached.

This would be far less intuitive for typical employees, but could be very useful for quality people.
Hi Tagin, i wish I could use this diagram in dealing with any applicable standard. Thank you very much for sharing.

Top Bottom