QS-9000 - R.I.P. (aka QS-9000 is Dead Meat and a 'Failure')

S

Shirley Szabo

Pls advise of how to proceed procedure of statistical techniques policy.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I think Shirley pushed the worng button by mistake:
Shirley Szabo ( mailto:[email protected] ) has reported this post:

http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?postid=37585#post37585

This is part of this thread:
QS-9000 - R.I.P (Official?)
http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2796

This is the reason that the user gave:

Our plant is cut and sew trims cover in Thailand under Lear corp. Currently, will be assessment QS9000 on early next month and would like the deatils of statistical techniques and how to do and train to operators to measure of their routine task.

Shirley, I think you want to start a new thread (topic) in the statistical techniques forum and ask this question there. This thread is about a different topic. If you need help, e-mail me or one of the moderators.

S

sxbalasu

Dec 6th

December 6th was when the famous Babri Masjid in india was demolished and a ground breaking ceremony for building a new RAM temple was carried out.
Just one incident i know on dec 6th before this.
It is a black day in india:bonk:

R

Russ

I just received a joint letter from the big three telling of the demise of QS9000 on Dec.15,2006. TS16949 will be the certification the big three are requiring after that date. I have attached the letter for all to read.

Attachments

• joint ts16949 letter.pdf
    26.8 KB · Views: 289
S

sxbalasu

Registrars restriction

Since lot of QS9000 registering firms only spoiled this standard is there any note on this particular topic in TS19649.

Marc

Leader
Sam said:
As I see it, one of the problems could be with the CB's. They have been selected and approved by the IOAB, their auditors have been re-certified but hey are not getting calls from industry for TS certification. Industry could wait until sometime in 2005 before considering TS certification. If this happens that means that auditors will have gone 2 years without performing a TS audit, in which case thet would need to be re-certifed. It would also put a burden on the CB's, which in turn would create delays for 2006 implementationm.
What a tangled web we weave, when at first . . . . .

Is this happening?? Are TS auditors finding little / no work?? Or are they getting paid a premium? Or both?

S

Sam

At last count (before quality digest starting charging for their service) there were 150 ISO/TS 16949 registered companys' in the world.
I don't know if this was TS2 only or a combination of both the old and new release.
I have heard rumors that CB's are not backlogged with requests.

Marc

Leader
Russ said:
This was just delivered to me by our registrar. In effect you will no longer be able to have a split registration for ISO & QS after Dec. 2003. In order to retain this type of registration you will be required to have seperate ISO9000 & QS9000 registrations. The only alternative is to upgrade to ISO/TS16949. The official issue is below:

Sanctioned Interpretations Section R8:

Because of the expiration of ISO 9001:1994 and ISO 9002:1994 on December 15, 2003, certificate language modification is required for QS-9000 certificates to be recognized as valid after December 15, 2003 (07/01/02)

Any new or renewed QS-9000 certificate issued after July 1, 2002 shall not reference ISO 9001:1994 or ISO 9002:1994 other than in one of the following statements which must be included on the certificate: "Registered to QS-9000:1998 (Based on and including ISO 9001:1994)" or "Registered to QS-9000:1998 (Based on and including ISO 9002:1994)". All QS-9000 certificates with expiration dates extending beyond December 15, 2003 shall comply with this wording by December 15, 2003. [All other aspects of Appendices G.A.13, I.18, and I.23 shall remain in effect.]

The Registrar may provide a letter to suppliers indicating that the above statement confirms the supplier is certified to ISO 9001:1994 or ISO 9002:1994 until December 15, 2003.
Now that it's six months later... Is this still holding true?

R

Rob Nix

Yes. According to a letter last week from our registrar (NSF-ISR), we will be receiving an updated certificate that drops the ISO-9001:1994 from our QS-9000:1998 / TE Supplement registration. The QS-9000/TE is valid until December 2006 (TE is a supplement to the 1998 version of QS). I have not heard any more updates regarding a replacement to the QS9000/TE for Tooling and Equipment suppliers. If anyone else has, let me know.

Top Bottom