SI 5 06 - ISO/TS 169494:2002 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: SI 5 06 - ISO/TS 169494:2002 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system developme

Re: ethics of sharing.
My interpretation is the INTENDED recipient (Doug) can do anything he wants with the message.

My interpretation of the message itself:
"ignore the clause!"

But it cost $92 for the document!

Doug

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: SI 5 06 - ISO/TS 169494:2002 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system developme

My interpretation of the message itself:
"ignore the clause!"
I find VERY strange and worrisome that the reply message states that CB's will not verify the requirements implied/stated in the Sanctioned Interpretation. It would not surprise me if this answer is recalled, in case other people at the IATF become aware that this message became public.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

I find VERY strange and worrisome that the reply message states that CB's will not verify the requirements implied/stated in the Sanctioned Interpretation. It would not surprise me if this answer is recalled, in case other people at the IATF become aware that this message became public.
TSK! TSK! My POV - if you aren't willing to stand behind a statement - don't make it! Even the Feds stand behind their "letter opinions" (but they are usually very clever in the wording so the opinion applies very narrowly.)

But it cost $92 for the document!

Doug
Bummer! I hope it didn't come out of department coffee money.

Douglas E. Purdy

I received another response from the IOAB a Michael Brennan. Do you think I should place in thread or not?

Thanks,
Doug

Douglas E. Purdy

Was there any type of a window for implementing this requirement, or was it immediately?

Thanks,
Doug

xfngrs

I just got back from a business trip so I may be hallucinating, but am I right in thinking this document from Plexus actually clarifies things?:cfingers:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

I can't find any reference to the SI, or am I blind?

C

chaosweary

I can't find any reference to the SI, or am I blind?

http://www.iaob.org/showPage.php?title=ISO/TS%2016949%20Sanctioned%20Interpretations%20(SIs)

On a related note if you happen to be a tier 2 or 3 supplier is there any document or interpretation that indicates a reduced burden of ISO/TS to those tier 2 or 3 suppliers? For example we supply the flash memory for a car stereo, to a tier 1 supplier...or should we go the waiver route?

Thanks!

Top Bottom