Will this fulfill the AS9100D Risk Management Requirement

J

jmariscal90

I am wondering if this will fulfill the AS9100D requirement of risk management.

Most of our risk assessment is done during the quote/review stage for production. we use the questions found on the second page of the attached sheet.

we do PFMEAs but only when the required by the customer.

Also, when we are asked for new products we hold a "new part production meeting" which usually includes supervisors/quality/manufacturing management. we use the list on page 1 of the attached document to review the processes the part will go through and what can potentially happen. (we do not keep records of this meeting)

and of course we conduct FAIs but that is a given for new products.

will this suffice AS9100D requirements of risk management

Attachments

• Risk.docx
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,244

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
It looks like if it's implemented it could cover the operational risk requirements in 8.1.1. I don't think it meets the broader requirements (including opportunities) of 6.1.

Big Jim

Admin
If you have not done so yet, read the appendix about risk based thinking.

You will be expected to explain how you are aware of risks throughout the quality management system.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I am wondering if this will fulfill the AS9100D requirement of risk management.

...SNIP....

will this suffice AS9100D requirements of risk management
That's impossible to answer. With so much variation between auditors, the range of answers could go from "heck, what nonsense is this?".....all the way to "why the overkill?"

The IAQG presentation has the following two slides on Risk Management.

picture.php

As mentioned, there is an expectation for a formal risk management in place. Put one in place that you believe makes sense and present it to the auditor. If s/he says it is not good enough, then the question you must ask is: what is the requirement not being complied with?

Good luck.

Big Jim

Admin
That's impossible to answer. With so much variation between auditors, the range of answers could go from "heck, what nonsense is this?".....all the way to "why the overkill?"

The IAQG presentation has the following two slides on Risk Management.

picture.php

As mentioned, there is an expectation for a formal risk management in place. Put one in place that you believe makes sense and present it to the auditor. If s/he says it is not good enough, then the question you must ask is: what is the requirement not being complied with?

Good luck.

I'm not sure if the word "formal" is quite the right or best term here. Established might be a better fit. A documented procedure is not required and record keeping specifically for 6.1 is not required although risk will likely show up in other required records.

I completely agree here that you need to have something that works and fits YOUR organization, and it can be as "formal" as you want it to be.

J

jmariscal90

thanks for the inputs, I feel like I need to be further educated on the matter. In the mean time, I will review the risk management appendix mentioned.

Top Bottom