Accredited Laboratory - Date Extension

T

Thothathiri

We in India having Limited NABL accredited Lab for Calibration of Electrical & Electronics instruments. As per QS9000 sanctioned interpertation we can calibrate our instrument in other lab till 01 jan 2001. Can any one know about the status of extending the dates.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
I can not speak for a full interpretation of QS9000. However, I understand that one approved method is through the 2pCP (which means 2nd Party Calibration Program). The way this works is that you send an auditor to be trained to audit within this program. Once your auditor has been trained and approved, you can then audit your non-accredited calibration subcontractors. The caution is that they are quite strict regarding minimum experience and training the auditor must already have prior to attending this class.

I am familiar with this because I am supposed to go to this class this year. Further, it is offered only in Michigan. So your already experienced auditor must attend the class there. You can check with AIAG to see if it is offered at international locations. Since I am not an expert on this, I suggest you contact AIAG for more information.

T

Thothathiri

I think Mr Jerry had wrongly understood my requirement. One of the sanctioned interpertation of QS9000 says that Calibration of IMTE's shall be carried out with Non accreditated Lab thill 01-Jan-2001. I just want to know whether the dates are extended or not.

S

Sam

No the date has not been extended, however, if you go to the site below it provides some interesting reading pertaining to qualification. www.aiag.org/ choose area of interest/ quality, for further discussion.

R

Ryan Wilde

This is a misconception of the AIAG intent. The date that was given for a lab to be accredited to G25 was not without loopholes. The intent was to allow for time so that your particular calibration/testing supplier would have time to become accredited. Even with the timeline, the external lab was required to submit to their QS9000 customers a documented timeline to become accredited. Without that documented timeline from their calibration vendor, a QS9000 company was not actually meeting the requirements of the AIAG sanctioned interpretation.

Ryan

Top Bottom