How long does it take for registrar to issue certificate?

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm looking for feedback from fellow Cove members.....

Background: The auditor performing my ISO 13485 registration audit submitted his report to the home office the first week of June. It is now the first week of August. I have contacted the home office and have been told the package is still in technical review.

My question: On average, how long did it take you to get your cert after the auditor submitted their report? Does it depend on the cert? (i.e. ISO9001 versus ISO13485 versus AS9100, etc.) It's been a while since my company got its ISO9001 certification but I don't remember it taking this long.

I'm really caught in the middle here. I've got people on my back here at work on our status and I'm getting no support from the registrar.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I'm looking for feedback from fellow Cove members.....

Background: The auditor performing my ISO 13485 registration audit submitted his report to the home office the first week of June. It is now the first week of August. I have contacted the home office and have been told the package is still in technical review.

My question: On average, how long did it take you to get your cert after the auditor submitted their report? Does it depend on the cert? (i.e. ISO9001 versus ISO13485 versus AS9100, etc.) It's been a while since my company got its ISO9001 certification but I don't remember it taking this long.

I'm really caught in the middle here. I've got people on my back here at work on our status and I'm getting no support from the registrar.

This has been discussed here before. I used the search function and this is one of the threads I found:

https://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=18110&highlight=long+registrar+issue+certificate?

T

Ted Schmitt

Our register (TUV) used to have to send all the documentation to Germany for review... this would take +/- 2 months. Now that the review is being done here in Brasil, it takes approximately 20-30 days. We are ISO 9001 registered.

Did the registrar at least give you a letter saying you where recommended for certification ?

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
It might depend on the type of cert. Have you reviewed your contract with your registrar - it should be spelled out.

I know ours state a specified time period (can't remember exactly what that time period was), after receipt of payment. Do you know if the bill has been paid?

T

Ted Schmitt

Nope. That would have been helpful to quiet some of the people here.

It´s standard practice with the CB´s here... sometimes the actual auditor at the closing meeting will print it out and sign in front of you...

Give the CB a call a ask/demand for one...

Randy

Super Moderator
If you've contacted them without success report them to their accreditation body, that'll get a response (but only if they are acredited).

You could also ask for your money back because of their apparent failure to fulfill their contractural obligations. It's all about contracts and money. (Have you paid them?)

Top Bottom