Machine GR&R (Gage R&R) - Capability Study

T

terranceyu

Hello guys,

Currenely my customer have been given me the new task, which is The gage R&R will now be performed when: any new system or upgrading, any spare part change that cause major breakdown to the machine. Also, when new jig and tools are in placed.

Let me illustrate the problem. The machine used was structured and run in three axis. The program consisted of 200 steps. It was fully run in electro-pneumatic. What should I check on to evaluate the machine performance?

Please enlighten me, guys, as I am really cracking head and couldn't find any hint to start it.:frust:

Regards,
Terrance

S

someshvar

Re: machine GR&R - capability study

terranceyu,

May be if you could let us know the exact change that you made this time, it would help fellow covers to guide you specifically.

Regards,
Hardik Someshvar

T

terranceyu

The bore screw was changed actually for this time breakdown.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Terrance

L

Lilyshen - 2011

I think you don't need to do GR&R for this changed.

G

gholland

Gauge R/R is used for evaluating measurment or inspection systems. Maybe you meant something else?

J

justncredible

You can do a machine capability study on parts produced and then do a gage R&R on the tools used to measure the parts.

Or

You can also have the machine calibrated. For machine calibration I think they map out the machine errors and adjust them out.

Top Bottom