New to AS9100 and have a REV C Audit scheduled in Feb.

D

DIRTTRACK

Hello All!

I recently was hired by a company as the QM. They are AS9100B certified. However the REV C Audit is scheduled for Feb. 2012 Unfortunatly my Quality experience was not to any ISO or AS9100 systems. Reading up on this I will be attending classes. In the meantime I have already pushed out the audit as far as I could. Any help on what I need to do in such a short time frame? Is their support services around to help company's comply in such a short time? The previous QM did not leave any information on this.:truce::truce:

Thank you all!

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello All!

I recently was hired by a company as the QM. They are AS9100B certified. However the REV C Audit is scheduled for Feb. 2012 Unfortunatly my Quality experience was not to any ISO or AS9100 systems. Reading up on this I will be attending classes. In the meantime I have already pushed out the audit as far as I could. Any help on what I need to do in such a short time frame? Is their support services around to help company's comply in such a short time? The previous QM did not leave any information on this.:truce::truce:

Thank you all!

If you are looking for support - what is your location - USA?

dsanabria

Yes! I am looking for support. Sorry my location is U.S.A

Start with your local business organization

or do a search on the topic at Elsmar.

Because you gave me limited information (USA has many states) I am limited in how I could help you. :cool:

D

DIRTTRACK

dsanabria,

My location is MN. I will try the search in Elsmar to start. From my basic knowledge so far I am confident my company already basically runs to REV C just need to figure out how to document it

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
dsanabria,

My location is MN. I will try the search in Elsmar to start. From my basic knowledge so far I am confident my company already basically runs to REV C just need to figure out how to document it

If the company is basically at revision C then you shouldn't have to implement or find the documents. If the organization, has a computerized document control system in place, that is where you need to start. Review the standard.

Was the company previously registered? Look at the audit reports from the Registrar on the Stage 1 (document and process review) and the Stage 2 (certification) and any other continuing surveillance audits. Review any Corrective Action and Root Cause analysis if there were any findings during any of those audits. Review, verify for effectiveness.

This should give you a good start.

Just my opinion and suggestions.

Big Jim

Admin
I would strongly recommend that you learn both the AS9100C and AS9101D standards as well as you possibly can.

Find a two or three day AS9100C internal audit class and pay particular attention to the part about the standard itself.

Buy a copy of AS9101D (the document that tells auditors how to audit AS9100C) and become familiar with that too. Pay particuar attention to the PEAR (appendix C), the Stage 1 Audit (appendix f), and the OER (appendix A). One of the things that companies get caught on the most is the use of the PEAR so make sure you know what your auditor will be looking for and be ready to easily explain how you do it.

You are right, your time is short, and if you do not prepare enough you will have a lot of surprises come audit day.

dsanabria

I would strongly recommend that you learn both the AS9100C and AS9101D standards as well as you possibly can.

Find a two or three day AS9100C internal audit class and pay particular attention to the part about the standard itself.

Buy a copy of AS9101D (the document that tells auditors how to audit AS9100C) and become familiar with that too. Pay particuar attention to the PEAR (appendix C), the Stage 1 Audit (appendix f), and the OER (appendix A). One of the things that companies get caught on the most is the use of the PEAR so make sure you know what your auditor will be looking for and be ready to easily explain how you do it.

You are right, your time is short, and if you do not prepare enough you will have a lot of surprises come audit day.

Auditors should be auditing for compliance to AS9100 Rev C requirements.

Auditors are responsible to complete the Matrix, PEARS, OER, final report and NCR (if any). - see the back of AS9101 Rev D for those forms.

Auditors will provide a PEAR based on the information on the Matrix which should be done in conversation with you so... have someone with you that is familiar with the processes and interaction of processes.

Your responsibility is to present objective evidence of internal audits completed, management review objective evidence, and at a minimum meet the requirements of 8.4, 5.2 - which means - set the goals and meet those goals (demonstrate effectiveness of your system).

Relax - good auditors will complete the process without too much stress. :yes:

D

DIRTTRACK

Thanks to all that have responded with suggestions and input. Once I get through my first ever audit I'm sure I will be way more relaxed.

Thank You!

D

dwend

I would echo Big Jim's comments totally and add the following: Check out AACG, plug in 9101 guidance and presentation. You will find some excellent materials that will help out. The link to the aaqG 9101 presentation is difficult to find so do a google. Also look into these 2 books: Jump start your process approach, and AS9101D Auditing for Process Performance. I can aboslutely say that between the standards Jim mentioned, these books, the web site links I mentioned and the Elsmar Cove, you will have access to ALL the information you will ever need....note: you will need to also do a little digging on CM and Risk management. Some great stuff on this site as well. The PEAR is important though. Be prepared to measure your effectiveness for key Product Realization processes. Good luick....no..... have a good plan and execute. You can do it but you will have to scramble a bit.

Top Bottom