How many Elsmar Covers does it take to change a light bulb?

K

Kwilson

How about a lessons learned from this? Is there a possiblity that another bulb, somewhere else in the facility can also go out? What's the mean time between failures, shouldn't we replace them all before they go out?

N

nonaynever - 2008

My concern is that this is indicative of a total breakdown of our PM system.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
How about a lessons learned from this? Is there a possiblity that another bulb, somewhere else in the facility can also go out? What's the mean time between failures, shouldn't we replace them all before they go out?

And, in keeping with our policies of "greening" shouldn't we research the options of using compact flourescent vs. incandesent? Or, are there other options available? LED?

C

Craig H.

Who is in charge of issuing the SCAR to our light bulb supplier? How the heck did they make it through the supplier approval process anyway?

I think we need to do a site audit!

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
from the stats as of right now, it looks like 3719 to view the process, 66 to actually be involved, and perhaps one or two to actually get the job done (if you don't include purchasing, receiving, and incoming inspection).;)

CarolX

Did anyone check to see how long the bulb was in stores, was there any deteriation (sp)? Were the storage condition correct? Was FIFO used when the bulb was issued?:bonk:

(I think I need a break:lol::biglaugh::lol:)

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Maybe Dean, but typically the RPN for lightbulb changing isn't high enough to kick off corrective action.

Top Bottom