Office Dress Code

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I forgot to mention some of the guys in the office are also wearing ball caps and not shaving every day now.....:mg:
I noticed one guy at a company I frequent has taken to wearing a ball cap (golf cap? - different logos on each occasion) and now has a scruffy beard. A thousand years ago (it seems like that long ago), my business partner and I went to call on an executive we hadn't seen in about six months. He had a full beard when previously had been clean shaven. I said nothing, but my partner immediately said, "So! I see you are planning on finally getting a toupee to replace your comb-over!"

Sheepishly, the guy replied, "Yeah, but how could you possibly know?"

"Easy!" relied my partner. "My dad got a toupee and the wig maker told him to, 'Grow a beard, then shave it off the first day you start to wear the toupee. When folks say you look different, you can reply, "Oh, I shaved off my beard!"' Dad did that and it went exactly like that with dozens of people."

Perhaps the ball cap guys are planning something similar?;)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

mguilbert

I forgot to mention some of the guys in the office are also wearing ball caps and not shaving every day now.....:mg:

At one of my jobs (meat processing plant) we had an individual that sometimes forgot to shave. Our boss brought in a razor for him to keep at his desk. Thus when he came in unshaven our boss had him shave (without the shaving cream). After a few times of this he always remembered to shave before coming in to work.:lmao:

P

palmer

At one of my jobs (meat processing plant) we had an individual that sometimes forgot to shave. Our boss brought in a razor for him to keep at his desk. Thus when he came in unshaven our boss had him shave (without the shaving cream). After a few times of this he always remembered to shave before coming in to work.:lmao:

I have a goatee but never use shaving cream to shave. I've been shaving like this for almost 30 yrs. No skin irritation or cuts/nicks.

I guess I was blessed with good pliable skin.:confused:

cosmeticqg

Involved In Discussions
I stumbled upon this thread just now. Hilarious! What are everyone's thoughts on workplace attire now that is 2024?

EleonoraG

Registered
I stumbled upon this thread just now. Hilarious! What are everyone's thoughts on workplace attire now that is 2024?
I'll tel you.
Mine has always been stricked with a Code of Conduct I had to read through at the start of my carreer and I hold on to that 20 years later, but this morning(it's Friday, dress down day) I decided to put on a legging with Koi fish pattern and with a thin longsleeve sweater but has a wide neck.
That wide neck makes that a little bit of shoulder can be seen.
Guess what the COO said when I enetered: SEXY!

Let the weekend start please just because of you kicking this tread lol.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
14 years since the original post and it's about the same as where I was at the time. The dress code is more about safety than taste. The only people that really "dress up" are customer facing jobs. We in the plants and engineering and back offices are casual about every day as long as it's clean and neat. Tattoos are much more prominent on lower arms these days amongst the professional staff. Pierced eyebrows and noses are not uncommon. Hair styles and facial hair is all over the place - just need to keep long hair tied up when in the plant. I let my hair grow out during COVID lockdowns and had a pony tail for a while.

Figured in my mid 50's I'm still blessed to have my hair, so why not grow it, right?

Randy

Super Moderator
Figured in my mid 50's I'm still blessed to have my hair, so why not grow it, right?
Mid 50's? That's rich, you're just a puppy

I am grateful that dress requirements have changed over the years because this stuff was starting to get heavy & hot.
Office Dress Code

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
We are in a start up so aside from BoD meetings it very casual. Obviously you arent allowed to wear Clothing that is provocative or REDACTED or unsafe but I generally wear my black patent leather shoes (With optional toe protection) dress pants and a polo shirt. If customers are around Ill wear a button down shirt and Jacket. Other then weddings and funerals I almost never wear a full suit.

Top Bottom