Dock Audits - Isn't waiting to do an audit when the product is "supposed" to ship a little late?

U

Usernameron

I just started at a new company. They utilized dock audits. The part numbers were chosen from the last quarters customer complaints. Isnt waiting to do an audit when the product is "supposed" to ship a little late?

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Are these dock audits of your facility's manufactured parts or those of you are buying from suppliers?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I just started at a new company. They utilized dock audits. The part numbers were chosen from the last quarters customer complaints. Isnt waiting to do an audit when the product is "supposed" to ship a little late?
You can't do a dock audit on anything but material that's (allegedly) ready to ship. That's the idea. The assumption is that all of the upstream controls have been invoked.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The dock audits for products which had customer complaints in the previous quarter should be ONE COMPONENT of possible corrective actions the company put in place to prevent similar problems from reaching customers. Obviously, it should not be the only measure of corrective actions, which, typically need to be addressed many steps upstream in the product realization cycle.

B

Bat13

Also remember that one of the items that should be checked during a Dock Audit is the labeling and the steps right prior to shipping.

AndyN

Moved On
Good comments ^^^^ Dock audits can be very useful and basing them on complaints is a good place to start.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
These are parts you are making in house? Do you do any in process inspections? Do you all use sample sizes?

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
With a dock audit you are experiencing receipt of your product and it’s paperwork as your customers do so beware of going through the motions.

maggylu168

Involved In Discussions
I am a little bit confused about the below terms and difference. Can someone help me streamline the definition with checklists?
shipping audit, dock audit, product audit, out of box audit

Top Bottom