Tribute to Marc Smith

I just heard the sad news that Marc is no longer with us. He and the Cove family still means a lot to me, and my only reason for not being active right now is a heavy workload. Over the years I truly learned a lot from himself and this fantastic creation of his, and hopefully I contributed a bit to this place of immense collective knowledge.

R.I.P, Marc.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Several years ago, the Elsmar Cove was doing really well and made a little money from ads. Marc was insistent he was to share some of that with the moderators/ admins at the time. He contacted each of us individually with like three different options. I still have that book at the house. It is a REALLY nice bound, cover book on archaeology. The book is nice and all... but the value that a guy would have that much concern to want to share with others simply due to the fact he made a few bucks... that is Heart: 'miles and miles of it'.

That was just the kind of character he had. He was a really good leader and I learned so much from him about moderating. He always gave his staff broad latitude. And when we were bad children on the public forum... ;) (brothers and sisters fighting... LOL), that was really the only time I saw him get really angry. He was to have no part of us arguing on the main page. Well... I take that back... anytime he felt a newcomer was being belittled or whatever, that would get him really upset.

I honestly feel a huge burden was lifted when the current team came in and took over management of the site. He was so proud of the Cove, but admitted it was getting too much for him at times.

To whatever existence he held after life, I hope he goes knowing how much he is love and respected. Cheers, Marc.

Randy

Super Moderator
Several years ago, the Elsmar Cove was doing really well and made a little money from ads. Marc was insistent he was to share some of that with the moderators/ admins at the time. He contacted each of us individually with like three different options. I still have that book at the house. It is a REALLY nice bound, cover book on archaeology. The book is nice and all... but the value that a guy would have that much concern to want to share with others simply due to the fact he made a few bucks... that is Heart: 'miles and miles of it'.

There are hundreds here that wouldn't know that, I've still got my 20 lb monster of a book that he sent me back then. It's definitely well displayed in my office

1 Book.jpg

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I read a post from Claes about Marc. I was shocked. Marc and I had many private conversations about the The Cove and how I should behave as a member and moderator. Marc had a much cooler head than me. I enjoyed knowing Marc and the opportunity he provided to me to become a moderator. I am not as active anymore because I decided to close my company and finally retire. Marc, rest in peace.

Top Bottom